This strawberry trifle recipe tastes as impressive as it looks and is super easy to put together. If you’re feeling extra patriotic, you can even add blueberries to the mix to make it a decorative red white and blue centerpiece.
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (whipped)
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (8oz.) container of cool whip
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange peel on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a trifle bowl. Arrange strawberries around sides of bowl over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once again.
- Top with cool whip and remaining berries.