Kathy’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups (24oz) Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 cups chopped nuts – pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Remove wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes approx. 5 dozen cookies.