This crisp, refreshing salad is a personal family favorite. The dressing is to die for! Enjoy any time of the year. Add grilled chicken to the top, and make it a meal.
In food processor, mix the following ingredients:
- 1 cup oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- About half of a red onion, chopped
- Approximately ¼ to ½ cup white sugar (some onions are sweeter than others)
On serving tray, arrange the salad:
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 bunches asparagus, blanched and dried
- 1 pound strawberries, sliced sideways
- Sprinkling of gorgonzola or bleu cheese
- Add dressing as desired.