Don’t forget about your furry friends this holiday season. Here’s a recipe for homemade dog treats that’s friendly for your dogs with special dietary needs.
Grain Free Doggie Treats
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ tablespoons peanut butter
- Shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together. Dough will be sticky, add more flour as necessary.
- Shape into balls and flatten.
- Optional: sprinkle top with shredded coconut. Or, you can roll out the dough and cut out shapes; more flour will be needed to do this.
- Bake until edges are brown. Let cool completely before handling.
Recipe yields about one dozen round 1 ½ treats.