Healthy, guilt free, buffalo chicken recipe.
Welcome autumn with this tasty dish. Perfect for cool days and football games, this dish is sure to become a favorite for entertaining. Thank you Aaron for for sharing!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 3-4 green onions
- 1-2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup Frank’s Buffalo Sauce (or more as desired)
- 1-2 oz blue cheese (or more as desired)
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds. Put about 1 inch of water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the spaghetti squash in the bowl for about 12 minutes with the cut side down.
- In the meantime, cut up your chicken. Next slice the green onions. Separate the white bottoms from the green tops.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet or pot. Add the white bottoms of the onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add the chicken and green onions; cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 5 or 6 minutes).
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the microwave. Once it’s cool enough to handle, fluff the spaghetti squash with a fork to get loosen the strands. Add the spaghetti squash to the skillet and mix. Add the buffalo sauce. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with blue cheese and chopped green onion tips just before serving. This recipe will serve 4-6.